A couple years ago, I lost several hundred dollars to experimentation Google Adwords, without making a dime. I suspect that this is completely normal. It is easy to lose much more, I imagine.
I was discouraged, leaving Adwords alone since then, despite the fact that I know a couple people personally who make multiple six-figure incomes purely from Adwords campaigning. But, with my recent subscription to Earn 1K A Day I’ve decided to try it again.
Many members of the site highly recommended the technique found in the Campaign Blast Method ebook. So, I bought it and read it through. The idea is quite simple really.
- Get a ClickBank account and/or a CJ account to get access to thousands of products you could promote.
- Pick a niche. There is tons of detail in the book about how to pick good ones.
- Pick a seller in the niche. This is more a matter of weeding out bad ones than necessarily finding good ones. The guide had several ideas about what to look out for, primarily “leaks” on the sales pages.
- Research a quick set of keywords that buyers of the product would be using in searches. For this, I ended up using NicheBOT to help me find good, low competition keyword phrases.
- Put up your campaign.
- Check daily, and look for a winner (made a sale), or a loser (spent more than you’d make on a sale).
- Remove losers, keep and expand winners.
Steps 2-5 above are supposed to take about an hour. My first campaign (a loser) took 5! But I’ve been getting much faster, especially with the help of NicheBOT, and I’m down to about 90 minutes.
I made my first sale, finding a winner in a hot niche, about a week into the process. That about fits with what the book gives as a guideline. It says 1 in 7 to 10 will be winners.
In any case, I’ve lost my fear of Adwords, and I’m finally starting to make some money. I’m not near six-figures yet. More like two. But if I can make two, I can make six! It is just rinse-and-repeat at that point.
- First AdWords campaign! Woohoo! I’ve dipped my toe into the world of Google Adwords...
- Amazonian pocket money Well that was some easy money. . . . →...
- Making your resume memorable Over at Tapestry designs, they are discussing an idea for...
- Making a Financial Emergency Kit I was already planning to make a video log of...
- Amazon money flood A couple days ago, I mentioned that I’d started making...